LimeWire for Mac OS X Description
LimeWire is the world's most popular peer-to-peer file-sharing program. With over 70 million unique monthly users, the software is downloaded hundreds of thousands of times every day and boasts millions of active users at any given moment. LimeWire uses the BitTorrent protocol and the Gnutella network to provide an unparalleled searches and download speed to the user. As always, LimeWire takes the security of its users very seriously and will never bundle spyware, adware, or viruses.
* Create a QuickList in your library
Put files in a custom list like a playlist.
* Share files with your friends
Sign-in, share files, and download from your friends.
* Virus and security protections
We're always working to protect you from viruses and unwanted sharing.
* BitTorrent updates:
o Retain seeding torrents on LimeWire restart
o Fix more BitTorrent library loading issues
o Upgraded to libtorrent version 0.14.5
* Torrent downloads are checked for dangerous files.
* Increase speed on a cold startup.
* Remove some unnecessary Singleton usage in UI.
* Change Guice environment from Production to Development to Prevent @Singletons from being eagerly loaded.
* Obscene content filter.
* Don't allow spam results to be downloaded until they've been unmarked as spam.
* Keyword filters are applied to browses and XML metadata.
* Add the ability to rename a file.
* Add 'Keep me logged in to LimeWire Friends' with Facebook. Then when you start LimeWire, you are automatically logged into your Facebook account to use LimeWire Friends.
* Fix OS X launcher.
* Re-write chat so it isn't initialized on LimeWire startup.
* Fix receiving duplicate chat messages.
* Fix a bug that allowed friends to download more than 3 files at a time.
Update text when using the Friends feature with Facebook accounts.
LimeWire for Mac OS X Screenshots
Screenshots are not available currently.
What's New in LimeWire for Mac OS X 5.3.0 Beta/5.2.13
Release notes are not available currently.
LimeWire for Mac OS X Requirements
No additional system requirements.